By admin | 31 Jan, 2008 - 1:54 am
Posted in Category: Waiting

We were disappointed about our Monday call-in session with our agency.  There was no news to report.  I contemplated on updating the blog but was just not up to it.  I was officially disheartened.

On Tuesday, we received this email:

Dear Joel and Genevieve,
We have great news - we got the telex number for you today.
Tomorrow we will call the representative to get your exact
travel date. Your travel will happen within next two weeks.
Please start preparing for your trip, and also for applying
for visas. As soon as we get the dates for you tomorrow,
we will email you the visa instructions (what to put on
the application).
Will be in touch tomorrow.
WHFC

Needless to say we were ecstatic and couldn’t help but think that we would meet our son within the next two weeks.  We had such a restless night.  My stomach was churning…

At 9:53am on Wednesday, January 30th, I received the call from our agency.  They have the details of our travel date.  We need to be in Aktobe by Monday, February 4th. That’s right, they said Monday and we would need to fly out by Saturday.  What happened to the week’s notice??  It can’t be…we have dinner plans with the Jasuls.  I’m supposed to watch a chick flick on Friday with the girls.  I was in a trance.  I walked around our kitchen in circles with Dakota (our Labrador) following me.  Things didn’t get better when I couldn’t get a hold of Joel.  He was in a meeting.  I’ve tried his 2 cell phones and work phone.  No luck.  My brother finally got a hold of him.  I continued the rest of day in panic and awe as I gathered the rest of the documents required for our trip.

It is now Thursday, January 31st at 1:45am.  I’m signing off to prepare for yet another fun-filled day of paper-chasing.  We’ll give the details of our itinerary on our next blog.  We just wanted to share the great news with everyone.  We’re finally on our way to meet Gabriel.

Thank you again to everyone for all your prayers and support.

Joel & Gen

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 31st, 2008 at 1:54 am and is filed under Waiting. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

31 Jan, 2008 @ 7:23 pm
Doh said:

congrats you guys.

keep calm, breathe in… breathe out :P heheh
I’m sure everything will be fine.

31 Jan, 2008 @ 9:13 pm
Sheryle said:

Dear Ate Gen and Kuya Joel,

Im so happy for both of you. Gabriel is one lucky boy to have awesome parents like you. Im so touched that you have shared your blog and news with me. Im so honored. My prayers are with all of you on your journey going there and coming back. I will send out a prayer this Sunday when I go to church this Sunday. Take care and love you both.

Love,
Sheryle

As the quote says, “Good things come to those who wait”

1 Feb, 2008 @ 12:08 am
Lindsey (from Yahoo Aktobe Group) said:

I hope it is ok I will comment on your blog.

I am so, so happy to hear your news. This post brought tears to my eyes as I vividly recall how it all happened for us at this exact time last year!

You are in for such a beautiful and amazing journey. I am getting misty eyed for you and for the lucky little boy about to meet his mommy and daddy! Cherish every moment.

Congrats!!!!

1 Feb, 2008 @ 11:48 am
Lil' Kim said:

I just wanted to say congrats and good luck! I’m so happy for you both. I know first hand both sides of the table and myself as well as my father are always here for advice and support.

You are really in for a special treat and i can not wait to hear all the good things that are to come!

4 Feb, 2008 @ 10:13 pm
Arleen said:

oh my gosh!! the time has finally come for this wonderful moment. we are sooooo happy for you guys. we can’t wait to meet your precious little boy. congrats…best wishes…good luck…have a safe trip.

6 Feb, 2008 @ 1:45 pm
Christy said:

Hi Joel and Gen,
It was great to meet you both yesterday and then again tonight at my cozy little apartment in Aqtobe. I can’t wait to follow along on your journey! Congratulations on everything thus far, you are in great hands here!

:)Christy and Z